- Conducted capacity-building workshops providing legal and policy support to multiple government agencies combatting fisheries crime in Gabon, Central West Africa.
- Developed a legislative framework for the protection of sharks and rays in western African waters and successfully argued to uphold penalties against illegal shark fishing activities in Ecuador.
- Submitted briefing to the Peruvian supreme court pushing for strong sanctions against the world’s largest factory vessel that had been caught engaging IUU fishing.
- Battled against whaling on multiple fronts – currently fighting the National Marine Fisheries Service’s plan to allow gray whales to be slaughtered in Washington State.
- Commenced a legal battle to protect the critically endangered Māui dolphin from bycatch in New Zealand.
- Continued litigation against the Trump Administration for failing to transparently share information about its ongoing assault on the oceans.
These are just a handful of the ways in which Sea Shepherd Legal is Securing Justice for the Sea in 2019.
Visit our DONATE page to support our work.